Name:
Location: Florence, Tuscany, Italy

Monday, September 25, 2006

day one..

So this morning I almost didn't make it to the exam. I woke up and it was 25 mins before they were supposed to start the sign-in at 8:25. Luckily, I live very close to the Accademia, so I made it with time to spare. And, in true Italian style, everything was disorganized and the last of us didn't get placed in an exam room until 10:30. It was a little frustrating only because we didn't get more time to work because they started us later. Bummer.

So we got in there, all ready to paint, and the instructor casually mentions that we should strongly consider drawing the still life and *maybe* painting it *if* we have time. Well, none of us were expecting to draw today. Luckily, I had my pencils with me, and others brought their drawing stuff. So we drew.

I feel good about what my end result was.. although, I still think I could have done better. Whatever. Day one is over and I'm excited.


Here's what I turned in:


And this is how happy I was to have it over with....



No exam tomorrow. They decided there were too many "studenti stragnieri" (foreign students), so we have to come on friday, instead, for the drawing of the figure. I'm bummed out, but I'll take it as an opportunity to prepare even more. :)

Okai. Basta? Si, bene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home